Our new store  Digital charts on-line shop
Raster map file for Fugawi, Ozi Explorer and other programs, charts for Sea Clear, charts on CD.
Mediterranean Sea (full coverage in scale 1:500 000) , Spain, France, Adriatic, Turkey, Caribbean Sea, International Charts.

Caribbean Sea. Sailing & Cruising Information. Virgin Islands. Entry Formalities

Visitors are welcome for a period of up to 6 months provided they possess return (or ongoing) tickets, evidence of adequate means of support and pre-arranged accommodations during their stay.
All visitors with the exception of US and Canadian Citizens are required to carry a valid passport. However, a valid passport is the ideal travel document for all travelers when visiting foreign countries. Visitors from certain countries may also require visas. To confirm whether or not a visa is required, visitors should contact the Chief Immigration Officer, Government of the British Virgin Islands, the nearest British Consulate or the nearest BVI Tourist Board Office.
Requirements for US and Canadian citizens are as follows:
1. A US or Canadian passport; or
2. *An original or certified copy of their birth certificate; or
3. *A US or Canadian Naturalization Certificate
* Items 2 and 3 must be accompanied by a current picture identification, e.g. a driver's license.
Information Manager, BVI Tourist Board
PO Box 134; Road Town, Tortola; British Virgin Islands
Tel: (284) 494-3134 Fax: (284) 494-3866
Chief Immigration Officer
Immigration Department
Government of the BVI; Road Town, Tortola; British Virgin Islands
Tel: (284) 494-3701 Fax: (284) 494-4399
A cruising permit is required for all cruising in the B.V.I. (Dec. 1 - April 30) Recorded charter boats: $2.00/pers/day; non-recorded boats: $4.00/pers/day. (May 1 - Nov. 30) Recorded charter boats: $0.75/pers/day; non-recorded boats: $4.00/pers/day. Dive, day charter and sportfishing boats should contact the B.V.I. Customs Department for current Cruising Permit requirements.
Fishing Permits
The removal of any marine organism from B.V.I. waters is illegal for non-British Virgin Islanders without a recreational fishing permit. Call the Fisheries Division at 494-3429 for information.
Mooring Buoys Boats are required to use National Parks Trust mooring buoys at designated reef areas and must purchase a Marine Conservation Permit for their use. Buoys are colour coded: Yellow, commercial dive boats; White, boat with divers; Orange, snorkel and day use; Blue, dinghy docks. Call the National Parks Trust at 494-3904 for more information. Private buoys on a fee per night basis are provided by Moor Seacure Ltd. at locations throughout the B.V.I.


British Virgin Islands Sailing