|Italy. Collection of marinas and ports of
Mediterranean from www.1yachtua.com. The large information site for the
fans of Yachting and Sailing. Already there are more than 200 plans both
descriptions of marinas and ports. Author's Photo gallery of two
- Admiralty Mediterranean Pilot Vol. I
(NP45), Covers Sardinia, Sicily.
- Admiralty Mediterranean Pilot Vol. II
(NP46). Covers the west coast.
- Admiralty Mediterranean Pilot Vol.
III(NP47). Covers the east coast.
- Admiralty List of Lights and Fog Signals
Vol. E (NP7S).
- Italian Waters Pilot. Rod Heikell. Imray.
Covers the west and south coasts of Italy, offshore islands and Sardinia and
- Adriatic Pilot. T & D Thompson. Imray.
Covers the east coast of Italy, as well as Yugoslavia.
- The Tyrrhenian Sea. H. M. Denham. John
Murray. Covers the area bordered by the Tyrrhenian Sea.
- Porticcioli d'ltalia. Bruno Ziravello.
The best of the Italian Pilots. In
- 156 Porti d'Italia. Instituto Geografico de
Agustini. Good colour photographs but covers a limited number of ports.
In Italian only.
Admiralty charts cover the area well. Italian
charts are available and also the excellent Nauticard International (plastic
coated) charts in most of the larger centres.
- Blue Guides to Northern Italy. Rome and
Environs. Southern Italy. Sicily.
Black. The guide-books par excellence.
- Collins Companion Guides to Tuscany.
- Southern Italy. Peter Gunn. Collins.
Good readable guides.
- A Concise History of Italy. Vincent Cronin.
- Sardinia. Virginia Waite, Batsford.
- Sea and Sardinia. D. H. Lawrence. Penguin.
- Italian Food. Elizabeth David. Penguin.